Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The invisible Zit

"I HAVE A ZIT!!!!!!

Yup, those were the first words my bleary ears ( yes, EARS can be bleary) heard out of the mouth of #2 teenager this morning. BEFORE I'VE HAD MY FIRST CUP OF COFFEE.

Now, my children have long known to avoid talking to their hormonally homicidal mother before she is fully caffeinated. They know, unless a limb is dangling by a thin piece of skin, to wait to converse with me until I have a bit of a coffee buzz.

Apparently, teenager#2 thinks having a zit ranks right up their with discovering someone has stolen your liver while you were sleeping.

Fortunately for her, she has caught me on one of those rarest of days when my adrenal gland is actually working and my brain has an adequate supply of serotonin. " I can do this" I think to myself. I can show my daughter motherly concern over her zit.

Me- "Let's take a look"

teenager- "It's right HERE!" pointing disgustedly to the side of her nose.

Me- " I don't see anything"

teenager-" sigghh... RIGHT HERE" ( more exaggerated pointing)

Me- "Let me turn on the light...bring your face closer...nope, I don't see anything"

At this point teenager rolls her eyes as only teenagers can do and stomps up to her room.

A few minutes later, she reappears and triumphantly proclaims that she has successfully covered up the gargantuan zit.

"Terrific" I say. "I don't see a thing" ( not to mention I didn't EVER see a thing).
Problem solved.

10 year old Z-man enters the room. to teenager- "EWWWW! You have a BIG ZIT on YOUR FACE!"

My heart warms. Awww... the love between siblings.

No comments: