Friday, August 29, 2008

Turd Soup

I'm not sure I would read a post with this title- but I assure you, if you have read this far, no descriptive language will be used. So go ahead and eat that sandwich while you read.

So, anyone who has boys knows that they are FASCINATED with bodily functions. The funny sounds and things that come out of the body make up approximately 98% of a 7-12 year old boy's conversations. ( The other 2% involves ways of blowing up things)

Anyway, my 10 year old son is an absolute genius at coming up with phrases that evoke me to respond using his full name, ZANE KENNETH CLARK TRUESDELL!!!! while giving him "the look". "The look" given along with the full name uttered an octave below my normal speech is supposed to let him know that if I ever hear this offensive phrase again, my head will explode and he'll have to clean up the mess and will no longer enjoy the blessings of having the best mom in the whole world. However, this method rarely works and he will continue to use the offensive phrase until he's thought up a better ( and more disgusting) one.

The latest phrase is "turd soup". DISGUSTING! If he forgets something- "Oh, TURD SOUP", if he doesn't get his way - " Well, TURD SOUP". And since nothing is ever quite right in his world, we get to hear "Turd Soup"...23 times a minute.

So, I was shopping with the kids yesterday and just as I was ready to checkout, I realized I had forgotten an important item clear on the other side of the store and I say..." Oh, TURD SOUP!". Loud enough for ALL THREE KIDS to hear. I thought they were going to pee their pants from the laughing.

So what does every good mom do when she utters something not so wholesome? I apologize for using inappropriate language and take the opportunity to pull out lecture # 53 on how if you hear bad stuff from other people enough, it's bound to come out of your own mouth at some point which is why it's not ok for your friends to have bad language OR YOUR CHILDREN.

I'm sure I'll be hearing about this slip up at every family get together from now until eternity.

No comments: