Saturday, August 23, 2008

Pet Peeve no. 1


I fondly remember a 2 month period of time in my life when my hormones weren't making me crazy. During those blissful 2 months, I don't recall having any pet peeves. Stupid stuff just didn't bug me. My estrogen, progesterone, testosterone and brain chemicals were perfectly balanced. Other people weren't irritating planetary cohabitators consuming precious oxygen. That was back in 1979.

Then I got my period.

Since 1979 my number of pet peeves has increased gradually at times and exponentially when pregnant, post partum, and when I turned 35 at which time my number of PMSing days increased from 1 to 32.

Now, I have approx. 573 pet peeves. 1 of which I feel compelled to share with you today. AREN'T YOU JUST THE LUCKY ONE!

MY PET PEEVE #1:
1. Stupid people working the drive thru window at fast food "restaurants". Now, I am a reasonable person and realize that not every window worker has the IQ of a slug. I personally know 1 such worker that should be working for NASA.

Several times a week I go through the drive thru of a coffee place where the conversation inevitably goes something like this:

"May I take your ord" ( they always cut off too early)

"Yes, I'd like 1... honey wheat bagel... toasted with butter,... 1 cinnamon raison bagel... toasted with cream cheese,... 1 sausage breakfast sandwich,... 1 chocolate milk,... 2 apple juices,... 1 coffee with 2% milk,... 1 cream filled chocolate doughnut... and one chocolate glazed doughnut. ( hey, I have 4 kids)

" ummm, what did you want on your honey wheat bagel?"

" I want it toasted...with...butter."

"O.K., that's one honey wheat bagel toasted with butter, will there be anything else?"

Sigghhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

No comments: